Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tasty Tuesday – Basic Casserole

Tasty Tuesday

Welcome to another week of Tasty Tuesday here at The Young'ns!
There’s a recipe index under the food tab above if you’re ever looking for a recipe I’ve already blogged.
Every Monday, I plan on trying a new recipe. If it goes well, that’s what I’ll be posting on Tasty Tuesday. If not, I’ll post a tried and true (i.e. something I don’t have to think about too hard) ;)

This is something that I’ve been making for years. Don’t even remember where I got the idea, but it works when you don’t feel like making anything “fancy” but you don’t want spaghetti and sauce again. I like it because it’s very versatile and it’s a complete meal in one pan. You can change up each of the ingredients to make it taste completely different every time, yummy!

Basic Casserole

{Ingredients}

  • 1 pound or so of ground meat. I use ground turkey
  • Seasoning for your meat like Italian dressing or season salt or whatever you have on hand.
  • 1 box noodles of your choice
  • 1 package Knorr sauce mix and ingredients to make the mix (usually butter and milk)
  • 2-3 cups veggies. I generally use peas, but you can use whatever you like.
  • 1 cup shredded cheese. Mozzarella works well, but so does cheddar, so you pick.

{Directions}

  • Brown meat. Add seasoning.
  • Boil a large pot of water. Add noodles and cook until done. Drain and rinse.
  • Cook veggies.
  • Make sauce according to package directions.
  • Dump meat, noodles, veggies, and sauce into a casserole dish or 9x13 pan. Mix together.
  • Sprinkle cheese on top. Let sit for a few minutes until cheese is melted. Eat and enjoy!

~S

Linking up at

TastyTuesday200pix Welcome to my new home   Tasty Tuesday

1 comment:

trooppetrie said...

I am new to your blog but will come back on Tuesday