Thursday, December 2, 2010

Countdown to Christmas – Day 2 / stART – Lots and Lots of Zebra Stripes

Our activity for day 2 from our Advent Ornaments was making paper snow flakes. She actually remembered this activity from last year :)
Shibley Smiles
I also tied it into the book we read today called Lots and Lots of Zebra Stripes: Patterns in Nature for a nice stART project. imageI thought the book was going to be about Zebras, reasonable assumption, right? It’s not. It’s a simple book about looking for patterns everywhere. The photos are pretty and the words are fine, but it wasn’t exactly what I was hoping for. That’s what I get for reserving library books online instead of going to the library to look for them. Oh well, it’s still worth it :)
She did most of her cutting by herself. I helped hold the paper a little bit, but she wanted very little help with it.
2010-12-02 Z day 3 (2)
2010-12-02 Z day 3 (4) 2010-12-02 Z day 3 (19) There, we have a decoration up! (I had to make one too) ;)
~S

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What fun! It is snowing inside.

I would love for you to link this to Read.Explore.Learn.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for linking to Read.Explore.Learn. I Stumbled you post.

RedTedArt said...

Oh what lovely paper snowflakes! I bet she was super duper pleased with herself!

I would love for you to visit Kids Get Crafty (every Wednesday on Red Ted Art) current link up is here: http://www.redtedart.com/2010/12/08/kids-get-crafty-nikolaus-sterne-or-santa-stars/

Hopefully see you there!

Maggy