Friday, December 16, 2011

SOAP–Luke 7–Your faith has saved you

Luke with MomsToolbox

Scripture: Luke 7:50

And he said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."

Observation:

Jesus spoke directly to this woman about her faith and her specific spiritual need. I’ve always loved this passage and how Jesus addressed this sinner of a woman directly and specifically, without heed to what the others around him thought of that.

Application:

Oh, that I would remember that Jesus speaks to me in the same way! I would say that I’ve been having a rough time drawing close to God through my own preoccupations with the everything else of life; mothering, keeping house, keeping sanity, growing another baby…the list goes on. And yet, in the midst of all that, Jesus speaks to me directly and specifically. Will I listen??

Prayer:

Lord Jesus, thank you for being gracious to us and desiring to speak directly to each one of us, including me. Father, I pray you would help me STOP and LISTEN to what you are speaking into my life, directly or through others. Thank you that you constantly draw me closer to you, help me to reciprocate. Amen.

 

~S

No comments: