Monday, December 19, 2011

Countdown to Christmas–Day 19

2011-11-30-Advent-Calendar-copy3[4]

Could this be me getting caught up??? Day 19 of our Advent activities was today! We watched the classic “How The Grinch Stole Christmas”. Okay, Kahlen watched it, while Nate wandered around the house and I tried to get dinner started.

image

Kahlen had never seen it before and decided by looking at the picture on the box (see above) that it was going to be too scary. I told her to trust me, it wasn’t scary at all. But this is the girl who didn’t like the pirate fight scene in Peter Pan because she was worried for Michael’s teddy bear. She did watch the whole thing, raptly, but informed me later that she did not like the beginning when he is mean. We did get to talk about why he was nice in the end and about materialism versus having a happy heart at Christmas, so I think this one was definitely a success!

~S

No comments: