Monday, December 19, 2011

Countdown to Christmas–Day 18

2011-11-30-Advent-Calendar-copy3[4]

Day 18 of our Advent activities was to make paper snowflakes. I was so glad I planned something low-key…between recovering from her party and going to a Christmas party for our fellowship team last night, there wasn’t much time for activities. Oh, and Nate and I went shopping for Kahlen’s birthday present from him (more on that in a minute).

With all that, I didn’t get any pictures of the creating of the snowflakes, just the creations. Kahlen and daddy made them while I went to the store with Nate.

2011-12-19 Snowflakes (1)2011-12-19 Snowflakes (2)

These are now decorating our house, thanks daddy! (Yea, we don’t have a mantle, so the stockings hang on the wall…Santa still finds them just fine)

So about taking Nate to the store…he really is a sweet boy (someone remind me of that when it’s 10:30 at night and he’s still awake). I told him we were going to the store to get a present for Kahlen. He remembered all the way to the store and all the way home that it was for her. He did a good job at the store not asking for much but carrying Kahlen’s present around. He even carried the bag to the car. I wish I had thought to take a picture of him walking down the sidewalk with it. Of course, I had to let her open it as soon as we walked in the door, because I didn’t expect his memory and generosity to last *that* long. She loved the purple sequined purse that we picked out and he liked letting her open it. I Red heart my kids!

~S

No comments: