Thursday, December 8, 2011

SOAP–Luke 3–Exhortation

Luke with MomsToolbox

Scripture: Luke 3:18

And with many other words John exhorted the people and proclaimed the good news to them.

Observation:

John did two things: he exhorted and he proclaimed the good news.

Application:

Both exhorting and proclaiming the good news were important in John’s ministry. Do I exhort my friends and others around me or do I tend to gloss over things that should be addressed? Do I encourage them in the good news of Jesus? It’s easier to just go about my life without being too much into other people’s business, but if I see something, God’s Word tells me that I need to exhort and encourage others.

Prayer:

God, I pray that you would help me to exhort those around me, and not be afraid of what they might think of me or my “intrusion” into their lives. I also pray that you would help me be humble enough to accept exhortation when I need it from those around me, including and especially my husband. Thank you for the Good News that Jesus came to give me the Holy Spirit and cleanse me from my sins. Help me to spread this message. Amen.

~S

No comments: