Monday, December 12, 2011

SOAP–Luke 6–PRAY

Luke with MomsToolbox

Scripture: Luke 6:12

In these days he went out to the mountain to pray, and all night he continued in prayer to God.

Observation:

Again? Really? Yep, really! Jesus is showing his commitment to prayer over and over in Luke so far.

Application:

I am still feeling very convicted by my lack of time committed to prayer; by my need to pray; by my need to make the choice to spend time praying. With that, I’m headed to bed even though I’m a day behind. Getting up early is not a choice I *want* to make. And yet, I do. You understand.

Prayer:

Father God, I pray that you would help me to make the choices that are required to have the time to pray. I thank you again that you desire me to spend this kind of time with you. I thank you for fellowship with a friend this morning. I pray you will wake me up again tomorrow morning and help me to make that hard choice to get out of bed so that I can spend time with You.

~S

No comments: