Wednesday, December 7, 2011

SOAP–Luke 2–Great Joy

Luke with MomsToolbox

Scripture: Luke 2:10

And the angel said to them, "Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.

Observation:

This verse is often used to illustrate the good news portion of the message, but what about the great joy? Think about it. Great Joy. For all people. Do you know anyone who lives with great joy? Isn’t it awesome, just to be near them?

Application:

So, how do I live with this great joy? How do I spread it to those around me so that it is “for all the people?” According to this verse, and the surrounding passage, I need to focus on Jesus as my Savior. Good thing it’s advent season! I have tried to build in lots of opportunities to focus on Jesus for my kids, and I’m learning to use those opportunities to refocus my own heart and mind as well.

Prayer:

Christ Jesus, I pray that you will help me focus on You and the reasons we celebrate Your birth and your resurrection. I pray you would help me live with great joy because of Your gospel. Thank you that you humbled yourself and came down to save ME. Thank you that you revealed yourself to us and the great joy that you have for all the people. Help me spread that joy, especially during times when I don’t *feel* like being joyful. Thank you for this reminder from your true and living Word. Amen.

Join me and MomsToolbox in reading through Luke in 26 days.

For this week, we will read:
  • Monday: Luke 1: 1-38
  • Tuesday: Luke 1:39-80
  • Wednesday: Luke 2
  • Thursday: Luke 3
  • Friday: Luke 4
  • Saturday: Luke 5
  • Sunday: Luke 6


~S

No comments: