Saturday, December 3, 2011

Countdown to Christmas–Day 2

2011-11-30-Advent-Calendar-copy3[4]

Day 2 of our Advent activities was all about the meaning of Christmas symbols. Last week, my husband was in charge of leading a bible study for 10 kids ages 2-6 for our fellowship team. I came across this post featuring this book, “My Merry Christmas and the Real Reason for Christmas Joy” over at one of my favorite blogs, 1+1+1=1.  The lesson went well, I was helping so I don’t have many pictures. I do have this one of all 10 kids eating a treat before we started2011-11-29 DTeam Bible Study (1)

Anyway, after we did that, I felt that we could do more learning about Christmas symbols. So, I found more resources about a lapbook and other things to put in it. I started here at 1+1+1=1, then ended up over here at Christian Preschool Printables for some more info since I didn’t really want to make up my own printables this time.

Here’s what we ended up with:

2011-12-02 Meaning of Christmas (1)

2011-12-02 Meaning of Christmas (2)

Lapbooking at the kindergarten level is a bit different, I must say that much. We mostly talk about things as she cuts and glues them on, but I still feel like it’s a worthwhile activity, and then we have something to show daddy about what we’re learning. It will be nice when she can write in it herself though! Maybe next year…

~S

No comments: