Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Egg & Cheese Bake & Linky Party

Tasty Tuesday
Welcome to another week of Tasty Tuesday here at The Young'ns!
Please link up your recipe at the bottom of the page. You can post a link to a recipe on your blog or anywhere else. In the title of your link, please leave your name too (especially if it's not a blog post) so I know who it came from :)
Also, feel free to grab my Tasty Tuesday button, it's on the left side, near my other button.
I got this week's recipe from my Fix-it and Forget-it cookbook which my hubby got me years ago. As with most recipes, it turns out just a little different every time I make it. This time, I'm going to add some steamed broccoli and see how that turns out.

{Ingredients}
  • 3 cups toasted bread cubes
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I use sharp cheddar)
  • fried, crumbled bacon, or ham chunks, optional (I use what I have at the time, usually turkey ham)
  • 6 eggs, beaten
  • 3 cups milk
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • garlic powder to taste (I added this too, can't do without a little garlic)
  • steamed broccoli (about equal to the amount of meat you put in, probably around 1 1/2 cups)

{Directions}
  • Combine bread cubes, cheese, meat, and broccoli in greased slow cooker
  • Mix together eggs, milk, and seasonings. Pour over bread.
  • Cook on low 4-6 hours
~S

No comments: