Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Chicken Fingers

Tasty Tuesday
Welcome to another week of Tasty Tuesday here at The Youngn's!
Please link up your recipe at the bottom of the page. You can post a link to a recipe on your blog or anywhere else. In the title of your link, please leave your name too (especially if it's not a blog post) so I know who it came from :)
Also, feel free to grab my Tasty Tuesday button, it's on the left side, near my other button.

Man, it's only Tuesday, and I'm already off my menu ;) I was going to make this Monday night, but didn't quite get that far. That's fine, I didn't really want noodles and sauce for dinner anyway. I got this recipe from a cookbook that I don't have anymore, so I don't remember the title. It has a sauce that goes with it, but I find the sauce too rich and much too expensive, so I don't make it. This works best in a deep fryer, but you can pan fry them too.

{Ingredients}
  • 1 cup Buttermilk
  • 1 tbsp Grated Lemon Peel
  • 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
  • 1/2 cup Cornstarch
  • 1 1/4lb boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into strips
  • Vegetable Oil for frying

{Directions}

  • In a shallow bowl, combine buttermilk and lemon peel. In another bowl, combine flour and cornstarch. Dip the chicken in buttermilk mixture, then coat with flour mixture.
  • In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375 degrees. Fry the chicken, a few strips at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. OR use a deep fryer.
~S

1 comment: