This is a great recipe that I got from my hubby's grilling book. Of course, I'm not allowed to touch the actual grilling of the meat, but that's fine, he does an excellent job! He even cooks mine medium rare just like I like it even though he likes his well done, what a great guy ;)
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steaks
- 1 tbsp pure chili powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 limes
- Other taco toppings like cheese, salsa, beans, grilled veggies, sour cream, avocado, etc.
- Place the skirt steaks in a nonreactive baking dish in a single layer.
- Combine the chili powder, coriander, salt, cumin, garlic and onion powders, and black pepper in a small bowl and mix well. Sprinkle this mixture over the meat, patting it on with your fingertips.
- Let stand for 10 minutes. Squeeze the limes over the meat. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour, covered.
- Set up the grill for direcct grilling and preheat to high.
- Place the skirt steaks on the hot grate and grill until cooked to taste, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for 3 minutes. Using a sharp knife, cut each steak in half crosswise and thinly slice across the grain.
- Serve up fajita style by having each person make their food to taste.