Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday - Birds & Nests

Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth

This week at Muffin Tin Monday the theme was Birds & Nests. One of these days, maybe I'll remember before it's time to eat to look at the theme and actually come up with a plan ;)

Here's what I came up with:
Top row: Ramen noodles for a nest, shredded cheese to add to the nest
Bottom row: peas for birdseed, scrambled eggs

Kahlen was not in a scrambled eggs kind of mood, but little man thought they were delicious so he had her portion and his. They both ate their peas and cheese. I didn't try the long noodles with Nate, he had some other left over noodles instead.
Kahlen does NOT like peas, but I got her to eat them by telling her she was like a little bird and they were birdseed. She had to "fly" to the tray, eat a couple, then fly away. She ate at least half of them, which is better than none :)

Next week's theme is Seeds, Plants, and Flowers, which goes GREAT with our school theme of Flowers and Gardens. I'm thinking about growing some sprouts, we'll see if I actually get that far ;)

~S

1 comment:

Wic said...

the pea bird. love it.