Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Light Wheat Bread & LINKY PARTY #2

Tasty Tuesday
Welcome to another week of Tasty Tuesday here at The Youngn's!
If you're here for the first time from the Ultimate Blog Party, welcome!

Please link up your recipe at the bottom of the page. You can post a link to a recipe on your blog or anywhere else. In the title of your link, please leave your name too (especially if it's not a blog post) so I know who it came from :)

Also, feel free to grab my Tasty Tuesday button, it's on the left side, near my other button.


This week, I thought I'd share my favorite bread recipe. I make my own bread every week for many reasons:
  • Because it's cheaper
  • Because it tastes better
  • Because I know what's in it
  • Because my hubby and store-bought bread don't play nice (he can't handle all the high-fructose corn syrup)
  • Because it's EASY! It takes me about 2 minutes to start a loaf.
 I took a recipe that we really liked, but was all white flour, and tweaked it to a "light wheat". This works at altitude here in Colorado, so you might have to adjust it slightly for lower elevations.

{Ingredients}
  • 1 1/4 cup Whole Milk
  • 3 tbsp Butter
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • 1/3 cup Sugar
  • 2 cups Bread Flour
  • 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
  • 1 3/4 tsp Yeast
{Directions}
  • Warm milk in microwave for 40 seconds on high
  • Add butter and microwave for another 20 seconds
  • Add ingredients to your bread machine in the order your directions state. (Mine says the order I typed them in)
  • Wait four hours and be tortured by the smell of tasty bread wafting through your house
  • Slice and enjoy!
 The bread lasts about a week without going moldy if you store it in a bag in the pantry. Less if left out or if devoured by family and friends :)

~S

2 comments:

Amanda said...

What a cute meme name! I will definitely be linky up in the future!

Eileen Rhoadarmer said...

I found the seven layer dip while blog hopping for the UBP, and thought it would be good to share here! Haven't tried it yet (obviously, I just found it half-an-hour ago) but it sounds really good!