- 2 pounds beef ribs or boneless short ribs (I use stewing meat too, and it works just fine)
- 2 16-ounce cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1 14-ounce can beef broth
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or more, a lot more)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I use more of this too!)
Combine all ingredients in crock pot. Stir well. Cover and cook on low for 10 hours or high for 5 hours. Makes about 3 quarts.
Remember, next Tuesday (on April 6th), I will be doing a link party on Tuesdays for your recipes, so start thinking about it now!
Two ways you can participate: if you have a blog, write up a recipe and give the direct link OR if you don't have a blog, leave your name and the link to a recipe that you like.