Monday, March 22, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - March 22nd


Really wanted to get this up yesterday, but I got going on a project in the basement and didn't make it back to my computer last night :)
I actually nearly stuck to my menu plan this week. On Thursday, we had a boxed Macaroni Grill meal instead, which if you haven't tried them are very delicious (at least as far as boxed food goes). I did make the Triple-Cheese Spirals and it's a keeper. I added some sliced ham since it didn't have any protein in it, and it was very tasty.

Our menu for this week:
Monday ~ Hashbrown eggs. Another new recipe from my latest issue of Food Network Magazine

Tuesday ~ Cashew Beef Stir Fry. I'll try to post the recipe later, got it from Taste of Home awhile back.

Wednesday ~ Leftovers. Meeting with my girlfriends, so hubby has to fend for himself :)

Thursday ~ Spaghetti Pie. Haven't made this before, so if anyone has an amazing recipe, I'd gladly take it! Otherwise, I'll just go find one somewhere on the 'net.

Friday ~ Southwest Crockpot Chicken - 1/2 package each of Zesty Herb and Southwest marinade from King Soopers, 1/4 cup vinegar, 1/4 cup oil, 2 cups water, 3 chicken breasts. Cook in crockpot all day. Shred chicken and serve with beans, tortillas, and cheese.

Saturday ~ Rice'a'roni, chicken, and broccoli

Sunday ~ Breakfast burritos -Southern style hashbrowns, scrambled eggs, turkey breakfast sausage, cheddar cheese inside a tortilla. I make a batch of about 2 dozen of these about once a month and freeze them for hubby's breakfast, then we have them for dinner the night I make them :)

Next week, I'm going to try really hard to not go to the grocery store (except for milk and maybe some veggies) because I have a freezer and pantry *FULL* of food.

So, what are you having for dinner this week?
Link up at Menu Plan Monday over at I'm an Organizing Junkie or leave me a comment!
~S

2 comments:

Robin said...

I need to use up my pantry and freezer to. It's so hard to pass up a good deal.

I don't have a spaghetti pie recipe, but I'd look for one at AllRecipes. I love the reviews on that site.

Have a yummy week.

~Robin

ps. Come check out my giveaway this week.

Eileen Rhoadarmer said...

I'm using up odds and ends and trying to make things from the pantry that won't have any leftovers, because our refrigerator BROKE last weekend!
:(
New (well, used) one comes on Thursday. Of course, this WOULD happen while trying to sell our house. Hopefully we'll be able to get creative again next week.