Monday, March 15, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - March 15th


Hmm, don't seem to be doing so good sticking to my menu. Oh well, better to have a plan and deviate a few days then not have any idea what I'm making for dinner. 

We did make it to the Melting Pot on Monday, which was extremely tasty, delicious, and oh-so-fattening :) That's really fine though, because how often am I really going to eat like that?

I ended up making this Sunday Meat Sauce with Pasta from my Food Network magazine that I had all the ingredients for. I understand now why it's called Sunday Meat sauce. Took a long time!! I didn't feel like it was worth the effort for the results, but it was still tasty. I also didn't realize that the recipe would make an entire crockpot full! Now I have two frozen jars of it PLUS I was able to bless a friend of mine with dinner unexpectedly because I had too many leftovers in my fridge.

Another note on a recipe I posted last week. The Baked Pasta Casserole recipe makes a lot!! I was able to make three 9x13 pans and one 8x8. Good thing though, since I gave one away, ate one, and am bringing the third big pan to a potluck this week. Also, it freezes really well, so the small pan is now in my freezer for another day.

On to our menu for this week:
Monday ~ Out to Red Robin's for hubby's birthday

Tuesday ~ Green Chili Burritos (Can of Stoke's green chili, can of pinto beans, taco meat, cheese, tortillas)
Yea, didn't get to these last week and I still have all the ingredients :)

Wednesday ~ Discipleship Team Potluck - Baked Pasta Casserole

Thursday ~ Rice'a'Roni with Chicken & Sauteed Broccoli (didn't make this last week since we ended up having dinner with the in-law's for hubby's birthday on Saturday instead)

Friday ~ Vegi Stew with Turkey Ham. This makes for a nice, simple, healthy meal. We end up having it about three times a month or so.

Saturday ~  Leftovers

Sunday ~ Triple-Cheese Spirals  - This was in my latest issue of Food Network Magazine, looks yummy! (minus the mustard, yuck)

So, what are you having for dinner this week?
Link up at Menu Plan Monday over at I'm an Organizing Junkie or leave me a comment!
~S

No comments: