Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Hungarian Beef, Beans, and Barley Stew

As promised in my Menu Plan Monday post, here is a tasty and easy crockpot recipe. I got this in the cookbook that came with my crockpot when I got married. I've had to replace it since then because the knob broke since I use it so much :) Anyway, here's the recipe:

{Ingredients}
  • 2 pounds beef ribs or boneless short ribs (I use stewing meat too, and it works just fine)
  • 2 16-ounce cans red kidney beans, drained
  • 1 14-ounce can beef broth
  • 1/2 cup pearl barley
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or more, a lot more)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (I use more of this too!)

{Directions}
Combine all ingredients in crock pot. Stir well. Cover and cook on low for 10 hours or high for 5 hours. Makes about 3 quarts.

Remember, next Tuesday (on April 6th), I will be doing a link party on Tuesdays for your recipes, so start thinking about it now!
Two ways you can participate: if you have a blog, write up a recipe and give the direct link OR if you don't have a blog, leave your name and the link to a recipe that you like.
Can't wait!

~S

No comments: