Monday, March 1, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday - Circles

Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth

This week, there was no theme, so I decided to do circles. I got the idea because last night Kahlen asked me to cut up her cheese stick into circles, even though she's been eating whole ones for almost two years!

 
Top row: Hot dogs, corn, peas
Bottom row: Toast with butter cut into circle, string cheese cut up, Dulce de leche Girl Scout cookies

She did pretty good, ate everything but the corn and a few of the peas. We don't eat corn much, so I'm not really surprised she didn't like it. She did take a bite without arguing though, I'll consider that progress :)

After lunch, she usually gets a small piece of candy and a cup of milk. Since she already had cookies, I told her no candy today. About 10 minutes later, she says "Mommy, my tummy feels like it needs candy" Heeheehee. "Kahlen, tell your tummy it already had cookies and doesn't need any candy." Which she did. Where do they come up with this stuff?!?

~S

7 comments:

LeAnn said...

Oh, that is funny! I think my tummy feels like it needs candy too. :)

w said...

her tummy wants what it wants. love the circles!

Unknown said...

I think mommy get this stuff from the same healthy food place.

Erica said...

Great lunch. And I love the candy comment. Someone just told me about her child telling her she was full, but when dessert came around, the child said it was a different stomach for ice cream and it was empty!

Bran said...

my tummy could use some candy right now too, the chocolate kind please.

care-in said...

What a clever theme!

Anonymous said...

That' a clever theme.