Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tasty Tuesday–My Most Delicious Smoothie

Tasty Tuesday

Welcome to another week of Tasty Tuesday here at The Young'ns!
There’s a recipe index under the food tab above if you’re ever looking for a recipe I’ve already blogged.
Every Monday, I plan on trying a new recipe. If it goes well, that’s what I’ll be posting on Tasty Tuesday. If not, I’ll post a tried and true (i.e. something I don’t have to think about too hard) ;)

So with my lack of meal planning last week, I haven’t really made any new recipes in awhile. That’s okay, though, because I still have tons of yummy things that I make on a regular basis that I have not yet shared! Twice a week (at least) my kids and I enjoy this tasty and nutritious beverage. I’ll try and post a picture next time I make one (like tomorrow, mmm)

Orange-Strawberry-Banana Smoothie

{Ingredients}

  • 1 banana
  • 7-8 whole strawberries I use frozen ones and just thaw them a bit in the micro
  • 3-4 ice cubes, optional
  • 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt or 1/2 cup plain + 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup orange juice
  • 1 scoop protein powder I use this one, if you’re interested in learning more about Melaleuca, let me know. But that’s a whole other topic…

{Directions}

Put it all in the blender and blend well. Mix if needed and blend again. If you’re feeling nice, you can share it with your kids ;)

~S

Linking up at

TastyTuesday200pix Welcome to my new home   Tasty Tuesday

No comments: