Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tasty Tuesday – Whole Wheat Lemon Blueberry Muffins

Tasty Tuesday

Welcome to another week of Tasty Tuesday here at The Young'ns!
There’s a recipe index under the food tab above if you’re ever looking for a recipe I’ve already blogged.
Every Monday, I plan on trying a new recipe. If it goes well, that’s what I’ll be posting on Tasty Tuesday. If not, I’ll post a tried and true (i.e. something I don’t have to think about too hard) ;)

My hubby likes muffins. A lot. He also likes things that are whole wheat. Oh, and blueberries. Right. So when I found this recipe for whole wheat lemon poppy seed muffins, I just had to make them. He does not like poppy seeds, more’s the pity, so I changed it to blueberries. The boys (Nate and hubby) like them a lot. Kahlen and I could take them or leave them, but that’s fine :)

Whole Wheat Lemon Blueberry Muffins

Adapted from The Happy Housewife

{Ingredients}

  • 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 teas baking powder
  • 1/4 teas salt
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup applesauce
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1 ½ cups blueberries

Mix ingredients together in the order they are listed. Put in muffin cups, bake in a 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes. You can substitute the whole wheat flour for white or use half white/ half wheat. If using white flour use bread flour for higher rising muffins.

~S

1 comment:

Cheryl Pitt said...

That sounds delicious, I love anything lemon!