Wednesday, June 9, 2010

PreSchool - Zoo Week 1

Tot School

preschool corner

Kahlen is 41 months old

We are following the Hubbard's Cupboard curriculum for 2's called Joyful Learning. This week was our first week for Zoo Animals (click for planning sheets for this unit). I had a busy beginning of the week, so we only did "school" one day this week (okay, really we split it over two days, but didn't get to as many of the activities as I wanted to)

 Of course, we did our stART project first.
After that, we played Zoo Bingo with some erasers I got from the dollar store and the zoo bingo sheets listed on my planning post.
We both played, and she nearly cried when I won. Which is really why I played too, teaching her good sportsmanship is important to me.

Next, we used some plastic zoo animals to make foot prints
 She was having soooo much fun with this, we didn't have time to do much else!

We also did this Giraffe Shape Counting sheet that I found on MakingLearningFun.com while I was looking for something else. She got bored frustrated about half way through and asked for a lot more help, but we made it all the way through.
 Then she had to color the whole thing, of course :)
We also did our Z is for Zebra handwriting sheet and sang our verse, which I realized is a Steve Green song on Hide 'em in your Heart, Vol 1, which I have, so we listened to that after I spoke the words to her.

This was all from last week. This week will also be light because we went camping with my mom, pictures to come soon!

~S

1 comment:

Fiona said...

fab ideas-I am thinking of a zoo theme too