Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Muffin Tin Monday–Red, White, and Blue?–July 3rd

Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth

So, I realize it’s been a loooong time since we did Muffin Tin Monday, but I have a few reasons.

Meet Liam.2012-06-21 Liam Because adding a third kid to my pile wasn’t enough fun, I thought I’d add a fourth. Liam’s mommy works half time in the mornings, so Liam comes to play with us. He just turned two in March, and he’s going to be a big brother in November, at which point I’ll stop watching him.

Now say hi to Shane. 2012-07-03 Cottonwood Glen (8)Shane thinks that our lunch time should be his lunch time too.

Add these two characters 2012-06-22 Panera Weirdos and lunch becomes a little crazy.

Right, Muffin Tin Monday. So this morning (yes, I know it’s Tuesday), Nate was very very tired, as occasionally happens, and took a morning nap (Yep, aren’t you jealous? My three-year-old still takes two naps sometimes) AND Shane was sleeping AND Liam and Kahlen were happily zoning out to Caillou AND I was in the kitchen anyway making myself an Almond Joy Latte, so I decided that we should break out the muffin tins and see how it went. Liam tends to be, shall we say, a very picky eater, so I was hopeful that this might help. Kahlen and Nate always love MTM too. With no forethought or plan, I started making our lunch. Here’s what I ended up with:

2012-07-03 Muffin Tin Monday (2)

Top: Red Noosa Raspberry Yoghurt, White Cheese Stick, Blue Fruit Leather cut into stars (ok, it was more purple…)
Bottom: Red Katsup, White Pita Chips, and Hot Dogs

I was trying to go with a red, white, and blue theme, but the blue was escaping me. The kids didn’t seem to care too much, although it did nothing to improve Liam’s intake of food. Ah well, maybe next time…

2012-07-03 Muffin Tin Monday (4)

~S

No comments: