Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Peach Cobbler & LINKY PARTY #1


It's time for our Tasty Tuesday party!
Please link up your recipe at the bottom of the page. You can post a link to a recipe on your blog or anywhere else. In the title of your link, please leave your name too (especially if it's not a blog post) so I know who it came from :)

Also, feel free to grab my Tasty Tuesday button, it's on the left side, near my other button.

My recipe for today came from the Betty Crocker cookbook my mom had growing up. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) my husband doesn't like peaches, so I either have to eat the whole pan or save this recipe for when I have people over to my house. I love making this with fresh Colorado peaches, but any kind will do.

{Ingredients}
  • ½ cup sugar 
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch 
  • ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon 
  • 4 cups sliced peaches
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
    -------------------------------------------
  • 3 tablespoons shortening 
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour 
  • 1 tablespoon sugar 
  • 1½ teaspoons baking powder 
  • ½ teaspoon salt 
  • ½ cup milk
{Directions}
  • Heat oven to 400°.  Mix ½ cup sugar, the cornstarch and cinnamon in 2-quart saucepan.  
  • Stir in peaches and lemon juice.  Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.  
  • Boil and stir 1 minute.  
  • Pour into un-greased 2-quart casserole; keep peach mixture hot in oven.
  • Cut shortening into flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, the baking powder and salt until mixture resembles fine crumbs
  • Stir in milk.  Drop dough by 6 spoonfuls onto hot peach mixture.
  • Bake until topping is golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.  
  • Serve warm and, if desired, with whipped cream.


1 comment:

Susan Lindgren said...

Yumm I love cobbler- Thanks for the recipe