Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tasty Tuesday – Safe-to-eat Raw Cookie Dough

Tasty Tuesday

Welcome to another week of Tasty Tuesday here at The Young'ns!
Please link up your recipe at the bottom of the page. You can post a link to a recipe on your blog or anywhere else. In the title of your link, please leave your name too (especially if it's not a blog post) so I know who it came from :)
Also, feel free to grab my Tasty Tuesday button, it's on the right side, just under my spiffy new tabbed box.
Every Monday, I plan on trying a new recipe. If it goes well, that’s what I’ll be posting on Tasty Tuesday. If not, I’ll post a tried and true (i.e. something I don’t have to think about too hard) ;)
I’ve added a recipe index, just for recipes that I’ve blogged about. Someday maybe I’ll get my recipes into Kitchen Monki for easier access, but I’m not there yet.

This week, I made this super tasty safe-to-eat raw chocolate chip cookie dough. For a lot of us, that’s the best part anyway, the dough, right? Hubby does *not* agree, but my daughter does :)2010-09-21 Chocolate Chip Dough (1)

{Ingredients}

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 3-ounce box instant vanilla pudding (the secret ingredient)
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 2 cups chocolate chips

{Directions}

  • In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add pudding and stir well.
  • Add milk, vanilla and baking soda. Slowly mix in flour until smooth Dough will be slightly sticky. Stir in chocolate chips.
  • Form into balls and chill. Eat and enjoy! (Do *not* bake)
  • To make truffles: Freeze dough balls. Dip in melted chocolate and chill again to set. Serve cold.

~S

Forgot to mention how dangerously delicious these are. Brought them to a potluck on Sunday and we decided they were so tasty, we weren’t going to share them with the kids ;) Made a whole batch, now there are just two little balls left!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We used your recipe, but substituted chocolate pudding (because that's all I had). It was SOOO yummy!! Chocolate overload!