I thought for sure that we wouldn’t stick to the menu by the end of the 6 week plan that I made last time I posted a menu, but we actually did! At least as much as we usually do, anyway.
I would’ve posted this last week, but it’s been a crazy last two weeks. We finished up our history co-op and several other main subjects the last week of May and then rolled right into VBS at our church, which was fun but a lot of work. We’ve also had a stomach bug making it’s way through our family. Kahlen was the last one to fall to it yesterday, so I’m praying that we have no more sickness this summer!!
There are several new recipes that I’m excited to try out! I’ll try to let you know how they turned out. From last month, our new recipes were:
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup – This one was tasty, I’ll definitely make it again. I want to make more crust crackers next time though.
- Sweet & Sour Citrus Chicken – quite delicious, also will be making this again. It was a nice change from our regular Orange Chicken Stir-Fry
- Light and Crispy Waffles – These were okay, but we still like our Buttermilk Citrus Waffles better
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole – Not a fan. It wasn’t a bad recipe, but it made too much and Tim didn’t like it. I’m not huge on leftovers, I rely on hubs to eat them, so when he doesn’t, they usually go to waste :/ We probably won’t make this one again.
- Green Beans, Potatoes, and Chicken – Simple, easy to make, satisfying. We’ll be making this meal again for sure.
Okay, here’s what we’re having this month:
Dinner at Dad & Stepmom’s
Date Night at Benihana’s
Healthy Mama BBQ Chicken
*Skillet Chicken & Ravioli
*Ranch Chicken Sandwiches
Meatballs & Spaghetti
(I just updated our recipe!)
Orange Chicken Stir-Fry
*Slow Cooker Enchiladas
*Chili & *Cornbread Waffles
Chicken & Lemon Soup with Orzo
Grilled Ham & Cheese Sandwiches
You’re On Your Own (YOYO)
Creamy Chicken Taquitos
*Orange Beef Stew
Tortellini Spinach Bake
Sweet & Sour Meatballs
from Our Best Bites
*Crockpot Cashew Chicken
*Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings
Red Beans, Rice, and Sausage
Dinner with my in-laws for their 40th!
Baked Pasta Casserole
* denotes a new recipe
Yum, I can’t wait! What are you making this week/month?