Monday, January 23, 2012

Menu Plan Monday–January 24th

image

The Italian Wedding Soup was delicious, but I’ll need to make a few modifications if I expect hubs to eat the leftovers. He didn’t like the soggy noodles the next day, hmmm. The meatballs were delicious though, made a double batch and froze the extras after cooking them for an easy meal later.

No chicken pox, instead we all have a cold with a lovely cough. Nate is trying to get an ear infection, and I’m trying to prevent that. Went to doc yesterday so we have antibiotics on hand in case it gets worse.

Still plugging along. I’m 36 1/2 weeks now, so sticking to simpler foods. Standing in the kitchen for long amounts of time is not very appealing these days.

Mix-it up Monday (something new) ~ Food rom stepmom (Have I mentioned how much I really like having family close??)
Taco Tuesday (Mexican or Oriental) ~ Tacos
Wow Wednesday (Date night or something like restaurant food) ~Cheater Pot Pie – going to try again, found out that hubby doesn’t really like this recipe, so I’m going to modify a bit and see what he thinks. Again, it’s about soggy food, veggies this time.
Simple Thursday (Crockpot or less than 30 min prep) ~ Family night with fellowship team. We’re having a baked potato bar, I’m bringing steamed broccoli and cheese dip (found a recipe in my Food Network Magazine) 
Favorite Friday (A family favorite) ~ Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
Lazy Saturday (leftover buffet) ~ Leftovers
Saucy Sunday (Italian) ~ Spaghetti and Sauce and probably some leftover meatballs

I’m also making a batch of Breakfast Burritos this week, and hopefully some Crackers too.

So, what are you having for dinner this week?
Link up at Menu Plan Monday over at I'm an Organizing Junkie or leave me a comment!

I have a recipe index, just for recipes that you can find on my blog. You can also get to it by going to the food tab above.

~S

No comments: