Monday, January 16, 2012

Menu Plan Monday–January 16

image

Sort of stuck to the meal plan, sort of. Kept forgetting to make the Slow Cooker Lasagna, so we didn’t have that. AND Saturday we went to the in-laws for the Broncos game so I made Shepherd’s Pie for all of us instead of making Pot Pie on Friday. 

Hoping to not be as busy this week as I was last week, but we’ll see. Thursday we’re either going on a date with three other couples OR my kids will have chicken pox. I exposed them on purpose, hoping they’ll get it, but still, having sick kids is no fun for anyone. I honestly can’t say which one I’m hoping for. Now would be better for them to get the pox than later, like a month from now, but it’s not like I’m looking forward to them being sick. Time will tell…

Mix-it up Monday (something new) ~ Italian Wedding Soup. New recipe, I asked hubby if he would eat soup this week, he jokingly said, “what kind? Italian sausage?” not knowing a thing about Wedding Soup. Hoping it’s as good as it sounds. 
Taco Tuesday (Mexican or Oriental) ~ Southwest Chicken Burritos 
Wow Wednesday (Date night or something like restaurant food) ~ Lentil stew with turkey ham 
Simple Thursday (Crockpot or less than 30 min prep) ~ Date Night with friends or spaghetti and meat sauce
Favorite Friday (A family favorite) ~ Cheater Pot Pie – going to try again :) 
Lazy Saturday (leftover buffet) ~ Leftovers
Saucy Sunday (Italian) ~ Baked Pasta Casserole

So, what are you having for dinner this week?
Link up at Menu Plan Monday over at I'm an Organizing Junkie or leave me a comment!

I have a recipe index, just for recipes that you can find on my blog. You can also get to it by going to the food tab above.

~S

2 comments:

Eileen Rhoadarmer said...

Haven't you heard of the Chicken Pox vaccine? Especially with a new baby coming soon enough for residual germs to be floating around?? Ai yai yai.

Sela said...

There are things that I don't agree with about the Chicken Pox vaccine. I did a lot of research about it, and decided against the vaccine. Also, the baby is immune due to my antibodies for the first long time AND if the kids are still contagious or I think they'll be a problem, depending on timing, my kids will be quarantined to my mom's house. I thought about it and there's never going to be a perfect time for them to get Chicken Pox, so why not now?
Anyway, we'll see what happens, I guess...