Welcome to another week of Tasty Tuesday here at The Young'ns!
There’s a recipe index under the food tab above if you’re ever looking for a recipe I’ve already blogged.
Every Monday, I plan on trying a new recipe. If it goes well, that’s what I’ll be posting on Tasty Tuesday. If not, I’ll post a tried and true (i.e. something I don’t have to think about too hard) ;)
The kids helped me make this yesterday because it was that easy :) And mighty tasty too!
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
Based on this recipe from All Home Cooking.
- 4 cans of beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 2 cans of petite diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 8 oz chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- cayenne pepper to taste (up to a teaspoon for hot chili)
- 2 tsp dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee (optional, but adds another dimension)
- Rinse and drain the beans.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the turkey with the onion and peppers.
- In the crock of your slow cooker, combine all of the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for ten hours.
- Serve with sour cream and/or cheese, over spaghetti, or with crackers, or however you like your chili.
Linking up at
PS Due to the “holiday” yesterday (hence hubby was off work) and nasty illness for me, I didn’t get around to making a menu for Menu Plan Monday yet. Maybe tomorrow…