Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tasty Tuesday – Another Smoothie Recipe

Tasty Tuesday

Welcome to another week of Tasty Tuesday here at The Young'ns!
There’s a recipe index under the food tab above if you’re ever looking for a recipe I’ve already blogged.
Every Monday, I plan on trying a new recipe. If it goes well, that’s what I’ll be posting on Tasty Tuesday. If not, I’ll post a tried and true (i.e. something I don’t have to think about too hard) ;)

Been on a smoothie kick lately (okay, mostly because of the book I was reading, Women of Moderation by Dee Brestin), so here’s another tasty concoction that I modified from a friend of mine :)

Oatmeal Chai Smoothie

{Ingredients}

  • 1/3 cup oatmeal
  • 1/3 cup nuts, like cashews or peanuts
  • 1 banana, frozen in chunks and thawed a little in a bowl of warm water or you can just use a fresh banana and add a few ice cubes to the mix
  • 2 tablespoons powdered chai mix or something similar. I like this one and this one, but use your favorite.
  • 3/4 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 cup milk
  • handful of fresh baby spinach you can’t taste it, I promise
  • 1 scoop protein powder I use this one, if you’re interested in learning more about Melaleuca, let me know. But that’s a whole other topic…

{Directions}

Put oatmeal and nuts in the blender first and pulverize for a few seconds. Then add the rest of the ingredients and blend well. Mix with a spatula if needed and blend again.

~S

No comments: