Sunday, April 3, 2011

B90 Days – I did it!

image

Whoohoo! I made it! I read through the entire bible in 90 days!!!!!!!!

I really was hoping to take time to recap each week, but that did not happen. Ah well, I’m glad that if I had to give up something, it was blogging and not the reading.

It was hard, and it took sacrifices in other areas, but it was well worth it. I was also doing a book study called A Woman of Moderation by Dee Brestin at the same time, which I’ve now fallen behind in, but my girlfriends will forgive me, I think :) (Hoping to do a review/write up of some kind after I’m done with the book study in a week, so watch for that if you’re interested).

This was a fantastic experience, one that I expect I will do again. Reading that quickly definitely has some disadvantages, but you get to see God’s sovereign plan from start to finish. It provides insight into the character of Jesus Christ. And it really gave me a greater gratitude for what God had done for me through his Son. It’s helped get His Word into my heart and my head in a deeper way. I’ve read through the bible before, but not this fast, and it’s been many years.

Thanks to group 1 for praying for me and keeping me accountable through the weekly check-in. Know that I’m praying for you that haven’t finished yet that you keep on and finish what you’ve started, even if it isn’t in exactly 90 days!

I hope to be able to go back through and at least list all the verses that I underlined, highlighted, or otherwise stood out to me. Going to be time consuming, though, so we’ll see if I get that far.

What’s next? I think I’m going to read a chronological bible, with a goal of finishing by the end of the year. So slightly faster than 1 year, but definitely slower than 90 days. I’ll be using YouVersion to help with the reading plan and I think borrowing a bible from a friend as well, except that I’m going to have to figure out the whole 270 days thing.

The next session of B90 on Mom’s Toolbox starts July 11th. Pray and ask God if it’s something you should consider doing. It’s been a blessing in my life, and it can be in yours as well!

~S

3 comments:

Mama Kautz said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog for the UBP! Congrats on the B90! I will be B93 after being 30 days behind because I quit...then started again.

shawnacy said...

awesome accomplishment! we did a similar thing at our church a while back. it was a great way for me to get a more complete overview of history and scope. now to dig deep!
-shawnacy

Shawntele said...

I have been considering reading through chronologically as well next time, not sure yet though.

Congratulations on a job well done!

Your fellow Spring '11 grad,
Shawntele