Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tasty Tuesday – Ginger Crackles

Tasty Tuesday
Welcome to another week of Tasty Tuesday here at The Young'ns!
There’s a recipe index under the food tab above if you’re ever looking for a recipe I’ve already blogged.
Every Monday, I plan on trying a new recipe. If it goes well, that’s what I’ll be posting on Tasty Tuesday. If not, I’ll post a tried and true (i.e. something I don’t have to think about too hard) ;)

This week is going to be pretty low key as far as cooking goes. So, I thought I’d post my favorite molasses cookie recipe. It’s heavy on the ginger, and the cookies are nice and crunchy, mmm. I think this originally came from a cookie cookbook I had growing up, but I can’t remember which one, sorry.

{Ingredients}

  • 2 Cups sifted all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoons powdered ginger
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 stick) butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • ¼ cup molasses
  • Sugar, for rolling

{Directions}

  • Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
  • Sift eh flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together twice.
  • Combine the butter or shortening with the sugar in a large bowl and beat until the mixture is soft and light.
  • Beat in the egg and the molasses.
  • Add the sifted dry ingredients to the butter mixture, a third at a time, mixing well until a smooth dough has formed.
  • Lightly flour your hands. Break off pieces of the dough and shape them into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in sugar and set them on the baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
  • Bake the cookies for 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Repeat the procedure with the remaining dough

~S

Linking up at

TastyTuesday200pix Welcome to my new home   Tasty Tuesday

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yum, I love a good ginger crinkle cookie. By the way, I'm holding a CSN giveaway on my blog and you're welcome to come by and enter. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2010/11/45-csn-giveaway.html