Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tasty Tuesday – Pappardelle with Snap Peas

Tasty Tuesday

Welcome to another week of Tasty Tuesday here at The Young'ns!

Please link up your recipe at the bottom of the page. You can post a link to a recipe on your blog or anywhere else. In the title of your link, please leave your name too (especially if it's not a blog post) so I know who it came from :)

Also, feel free to grab my Tasty Tuesday button, it's on the right side, just under my spiffy new tabbed box.

Every Monday, I plan on trying a new recipe. If it goes well, that’s what I’ll be posting on Tasty Tuesday. If not, I’ll post a tried and true (i.e. something I don’t have to think about too hard) ;)

Last week, I was on vacation with hubby, so no Tasty Tuesday.

This recipe came from Food Network Magazine too. It calls for pappardelle, which you can find the recipe for here. Of course, you could just use regular noodles, but the homemade ones are so tasty. I think if you just used store-bought ones, this recipe would classify as easy. With the noodles, it’s moderately difficult :)

{Ingredients}

  • Salt
  • 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
  • 3 tbsp unsalted butter
  • 1 bunch scallions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
  • 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, roughly chopped
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced I left this out since I don’t like it, but you might
  • 1 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 bunch fresh chives, thinly sliced I left these out too, but just because I forgot to buy them
  • 1/2 pound pappardelle see note above or go here for the recipe
  • 3/4 cup crumbled ricotta salata or grated pecorino cheese or be cheap like me and just use parmesan

{Directions}

  • Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Heat the olive oil and 1 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallions, snap peas, jalapeno and 1/4 tsp salt and cook, stirring, until soft, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl and toss with the parsley and chives; reserve the skillet
  • Meanwhile, cook the pappardelle in the boiling water until al dente, about 6 minutes. Reserve 2/3 cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta and toss with the vegetables.
  • Pour the reserved cooking water into the skillet and add the remaining 2 tbsp butter. Bring to a boil, whisking until the butter melts, then cook until reduced slightly, about 2 minutes. Pour the sauce over the pasta, sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese and toss. Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.

~S

No comments: