Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tasty Tuesday – Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs

Tasty Tuesday

Welcome to another week of Tasty Tuesday here at The Young'ns!

Please link up your recipe at the bottom of the page. You can post a link to a recipe on your blog or anywhere else. In the title of your link, please leave your name too (especially if it's not a blog post) so I know who it came from :)

Also, feel free to grab my Tasty Tuesday button, it's on the right side, just under my spiffy new tabbed box.

Every Monday, I plan on trying a new recipe. If it goes well, that’s what I’ll be posting on Tasty Tuesday. If not, I’ll post a tried and true (i.e. something I don’t have to think about too hard) ;)

This week, I tried these delicious Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs. I found the recipe somewhere online, but can’t find the source on my printout, oops.

{Directions}

  • 1 1/2 pound ground meat I used ground turkey
  • 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs I used regular bread crumbs and added Italian seasoning
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup milk I used skim
  • 1 whole Mozzerella Ball, fresh I used mini balls because that’s what was on sale :)
  • Pasta
  • Spaghetti Sauce

{Directions}

  • Mix the bread crumbs, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, egg, and milk in a mixing bowl. Add to the ground beef until just incorporates; do not overmix.
  • Using a metal spoon, scoop out mixture in the size of the meatballs you’d prefer. Before forming into a ball, place a small amount of mozzarella cheese in the middle and form the ball around so that all of the cheese is completely covered. You now have three cooking options – choose whichever works best with your time frame:
  1. Cook the meatballs and sauce in a crock pot on low for 6-7 hours.
  2. Brown the meatballs slightly, leaving a pink/red center, then place in the crock pot with sauce and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
  3. Brown the meatballs until almost completely cooked. Place the meatballs on a foil-covered baking pan, and bake for approximately 8 minutes at 350 degrees.
  4. Serve with pasta and sauce, yum-yum!

~S

No comments: