Saturday, July 17, 2010

Piggy Tales - Homeschooling

This is the sixth in a 15-week series that I’m participating in over at Mommy’s Piggy Tales.
My excuse for the late posting this week is that I was on a wonderful anniversary trip with my husband and just didn’t get the post scheduled like I wanted to.
This week is about when I was nine.
So, I’ve written before about how I was homeschooled and loved it, but here’s a few more reasons why.
This is at the Children’s Museum in Denver (I think) with some good friends. One thing that was always nice with homeschooling is that it didn’t really matter how old your friends were. This girl is a year younger than me, and a year older than my sister. She’s a twin so it was great for the four of us girls to get together, which we did very frequently.
T00016.10
I can’t find the picture right now, darn it, but there’s a picture of a whole group of us on a field trip to a museum in Denver. {Hooray! I found it!!}
91FRAKSFeldtrip0001 We did many such trips, either just our family or with a group of homeschoolers. One day, we went to several different small museums related to Colorado’s history. Another day, we went to several different religious buildings such as a mosque, a Jewish temple, and a cathedral, all in Denver.
I loved being able to do my school work where ever and whenever I wanted to. My mom worked in Boulder (about an hour away) one day a week, and usually my sister and I would go to my grandma’s house all day. We would do our school work, but then when we were done, we got to do other fun things like play restaurant with real food or have a tea party for 20 of our “favorite” stuffed animals.
Nothing else specific is coming to mind about this year, so I’m calling it a night :)
~S

2 comments:

Denise said...

I've always thought home schooling would be fun. It sounds like you got to go to a lot of interesting places.

Janna said...

Glad you were able to enjoy and celebrate with the hubs. Home schooling has some great advantages. If I live in CO I'd think I'd use some of that extra time to bike ride!