Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tasty Tuesdays - Choco-Coco Cookies

Today I got inspired to blog about one recipe every week, so here's the first installment:

My Kids' Favorite Cookies Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes

These tasty cookies were a hit in my house, although my husband liked them a lot more than my daughter. They were pretty easy to make, and the coconut added a nice flavor without being overpowering (which is good since Tim doesn't like coconut) Also, Kahlen loved helping with the squishing of the chocolate bars. Sorry, I don't have any pictures, you'll have to go look at the recipe for that :)
I'm going to call them Choco-Coco Cookies, since I don't like their name of "My Kid's Favorite Cookies"

{Ingredients}
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1 cup flaked coconut
  • 5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
{Directions}
  • In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Beat in oats and coconut.
  • Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Break each candy bar into 12 pieces; press a chocolate piece into the center of each warm cookie. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.



~S

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Humph. It says the recipe is in a premium area and won't show it.