My Kids' Favorite Cookies Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes
These tasty cookies were a hit in my house, although my husband liked them a lot more than my daughter. They were pretty easy to make, and the coconut added a nice flavor without being overpowering (which is good since Tim doesn't like coconut) Also, Kahlen loved helping with the squishing of the chocolate bars. Sorry, I don't have any pictures, you'll have to go look at the recipe for that :)
I'm going to call them Choco-Coco Cookies, since I don't like their name of "My Kid's Favorite Cookies"
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Beat in oats and coconut.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Break each candy bar into 12 pieces; press a chocolate piece into the center of each warm cookie. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.