Wait, it’s July already?!? What happened to June? Seriously. We were so busy that I don’t even know what we all did. VBS, Nate’s fourth birthday, and a ton of hot days in between, and I didn’t really stick to the plan for June. Oh well, sometimes menu planning is just like that, right? Even the best laid plans can go awry.
The new recipes that we did try:
- Ranch Chicken Sandwiches: tasty and delicious. The husband did not like the sauce, but I did. He has a thing against mayo.
- Slow Cooker Enchiladas: Hubby loved this one, I didn’t really care for it. BUT I’ll probably be making it again since he liked it and it was fairly simple. I need to figure out a way to make it bigger though, because he would have eaten the leftovers for a week if there had been enough to do that!
- Chili & Cornbread Waffles: Another hit. The kids loved the cornbread waffles, and we enjoyed the whole meal. They were more filling than they looked, though, and next time I’ll remember that we each only need 1/2 a waffle for dinner.
- Chicken Marsala: easy and yummy. Although, the leftovers did not get eaten up, so it will be awhile before I make it again. We both say that we like mushrooms, but I think we’re just trying to convince ourselves that that’s true.
- Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings: Made this, but totally rewrote the recipe first. I didn’t really realize how much of a food snot I am until I started looking at this recipe and thought “I can make this way better if I make everything from scratch instead of cans”. And I was right, I might add, it was much tastier and not that much more work (IMO. You might think otherwise!)
Okay, here’s what we’re having this month:
*Meal through BzzAgent
Homemade Sub Sandwiches
BBQ for holiday!
You’re On Your Own (YOYO)
Mac’n’Cheese hubby style
Baked Pasta Casserole
*Crispy Chicken Rollups
*Teriyaki Crockpot Chicken
Green Beans, Potatoes, and Chicken
Sweet & Sour Citrus Chicken
*Cream Cheese Chicken
Guiltless Chicken Alfredo
*Ranch Cheddar Burgers
Healthy Mama BBQ Chicken
Red Beans, Rice, and Sausage
Dinner at Dad’s
Orange Chicken Stir-Fry
*Taco Chicken Bowls
Chicken Lemon Soup with Orzo
Scrambled Eggs & Pancakes
* denotes a new recipe
Trying to keep things a bit simpler this month, we’ll see how it goes! What are you making this week/month?