Friday, December 21, 2012

Happy 6th Birthday, Kahlen!

My sweet girl turned 6 today! We had a nice quiet home day. I tried to make it special for her even though we didn’t have any presents for her to open today. With the help of the grandparents, we got her a 20” 5-speed bike. She’s been able to ride it once this week, then we were sick, then it snowed. Ah well, there will be time for her to ride it soon, I’m sure!

For breakfast, I made her waffles and surprised her with a balloon and a pink rose. Then she got to play in the snow, something she’s been wanting to do since it fell two days ago.

2012-12-21 Kahlen in the snow (1)

She’s a funny girl. Close to lunch time, she said, “Mommy, can we please go out for lunch?” I informed her that I didn’t have any money, and I pulled out my wallet to show her that I was down to $3. She said, “But mommy, you can just use your Visa card!” Silly girl. I made her call daddy and see if he said it was okay. Then he decided he wanted to go with us, so we went to Einstein Bagels in Loveland. Quite tasty.

2012-12-21 Birthday Kahlen Lunch

My grandparents are taking us all out to dinner tomorrow to Red Robin, which is where she originally wanted to go for her birthday. So I made her pizza instead, which she likes because then she gets to do it however she wants to.

2012-12-21 Princess Kahlen and her pizza (2)

Oh, and somewhere in the middle, I painted her nails for her, and she made a birthday crown :)

2012-12-21 Princess Kahlen and her pizza (4)

To end the evening, we drove around and looked at Christmas lights. We ended with a house that had a fantastic light/music show, with broadcast music, at least four different sets of colored lights, and multiple songs! (It’s at Starflower and Larkbunting, if you’re in the area, and it will be up until the end of the year)

2012-12-21 19.21.452012-12-21 19.21.40

I debated about doing a birthday video for her, it’s getting harder and harder to come up with good music, especially now that she’s not the only kiddo. Anyway, I decided I would be sad if I didn’t have some recap of her year

Kahlen’s Sixth Year

Happy Birthday, Kahlen! I love being your mommy! Thank you for your sweet attitude toward me today when I was struggling with the demands of mommying three little children. Thank you for helping me with your baby brother. Thank you for happily playing by yourself…or with Nate. You are a mini-me, and I love you!

See previous years:

5th birthday

image
4th birthday

image


3rd birthday
image

2nd birthday

image

~S

No comments: