Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Happy Christmas!

Happy Christmas everyone! I hope you’re having a wonderful day celebrating the birth of our Savior!

I admit, I’ve had a really rough month and feel like Christmas has snuck up on me. I had to finish up my shopping, um, yesterday, which is so unusual for me.

We’ve unwrapped all the presents. The kids are in various states of pajamas/dressed as they play with each other’s toys and watch Bob the Builder as requested. I’m enjoying my Almond Eggnog Latte in my new coffee tumbler. Hubby is, well, he had to go take care of his parents. We were supposed to go down to their house later today for dinner and celebration, but they got the yucky stomach bug that we had last week.

 

and I keep getting interrupted in writing this post. I started it yesterday (Christmas eve), now it’s Christmas evening. We went to my mom’s instead of going to my in-laws after lunch. Had a lovely ham dinner with roast potatoes and our Happy Birthday Jesus cake. Thanks for letting us crash your “party”, mom, we had a great time!

Here’s a story in pictures of our day, or at least parts of it.

 2012-12-24 Christmas Eve (1)2012-12-24 Christmas Eve (3) 

Christmas Eve. Kahlen’s hair is in pin curls while she sets out eggnog and chocolate chip cookies for Santa on our baby barrier in front of the tree. Nate is looking at the stockings in anticipation of them being filled by Santa.

2012-12-25 Christmas at our house (4)2012-12-25 Christmas at our house (5)

Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast, yum!

2012-12-25 Christmas at our house (1)

They’re “helping” Shane open his present.

2012-12-25 Christmas at our house (6)

Kahlen’s favorite present ever: Pillow Pets Dream Lites

2012-12-25 Christmas at our house (7)The snow outside.

2012-12-25 Christmas at our house (9)Shane being, well, Shane.2012-12-25 Christmas at our house (11)Watching Bob the Builder

2012-12-25 Christmas decorations (3)

The cards we have received from family and friends.2012-12-25 Christmas Card (1)

Our Christmas card I made this year.

2012-12-25 Christmas decorations (4)

Wall hangings above our dining room table

2012-12-25 Kahlen's Gingerbread house

Kahlen’s foam gingerbread house (She got the kit for her birthday)

2012-12-25 Truth in the Tinsel

As far as we got with Truth in the Tinsel this year (day 15, oops)

2012-12-24 Happy Birthday Jesus Cake

Happy Birthday Jesus! almond layer cake with white chocolate frosting

So, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

~S

No comments: