Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tasty Tuesday–Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Tasty Tuesday

Welcome to another week of Tasty Tuesday here at The Young'ns!
There’s a recipe index under the food tab above if you’re ever looking for a recipe I’ve already blogged.
Every Monday, I plan on trying a new recipe. If it goes well, that’s what I’ll be posting on Tasty Tuesday. If not, I’ll post a tried and true (i.e. something I don’t have to think about too hard) ;)

I got this recipe out of the newspaper many many years ago. I still like it with the lettuce occasionally, but hubby doesn’t, so usually I make it and just serve it with rice or noodles. I guess I really should rename it to something else, but originally it was a lettuce wrap recipe, so that’s how I think of it in my brain ;)2009-12-28 New Wok

{Ingredients}

  • 4 Chicken Breast halves, boneless, skinless.
  • 3 Tbsp Sesame Oil, warmed
  • 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
  • ½ cup Carrots
  • 1 can Water Chestnuts
  • 4 Scallions, Chopped
  • 7 oz Mushrooms
  • 3 Tbsp Cilantro, Chopped
  • 4 Tbsp Soy Sauce
  • 1 tsp Sugar
  • ½ tsp Hot Red Pepper Flakes
  • ¼ c Salted Peanuts
  • 8 Large Leaves Iceberg Lettuce OR Rice OR Ramen Noodles

{Directions}

  1. Chop chicken, carrots and water chestnuts into very small pieces
  2. If you’re making rice, start it now.
  3. In a large bowl, stir together Sesame Oil, Chicken, Garlic, Carrots and Water Chestnuts
  4. Pour mixture into a wok or large-sided skillet, stir-fry until chicken is firm and cooked through, about 4 minutes
  5. Chop Scallions, Mushrooms, and Peanuts into very small pieces.
  6. Stir in Scallions, Cilantro, Soy Sauce, Sugar, Red Pepper Flakes, Peanuts, and Mushrooms. Remove from heat.
  7. To serve, lay a lettuce leaf on each plate, top with chicken mixture. Pour Teriyaki or Soy Sauce on top. Fold insides of lettuce leaf to create wrap. Serve immediately.

~S

No comments: