Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tasty Tuesday–Teriyaki Burgers

Tasty Tuesday

Welcome to another week of Tasty Tuesday here at The Young'ns!
There’s a recipe index under the food tab above if you’re ever looking for a recipe I’ve already blogged.
Every Monday, I plan on trying a new recipe. If it goes well, that’s what I’ll be posting on Tasty Tuesday. If not, I’ll post a tried and true (i.e. something I don’t have to think about too hard) ;)

I found this recipe in my basic cookbook. You know, the one you get when you get married and don’t know how to cook much (or at least how to come up with a good menu, etc). The one I have is The All New Good Housekeeping Cook Book. I’ve had it for ten years, and it’s a fine overview cookbook. I modify most of the recipes I find in it, but it’s a good starting place.

Anyway, burgers. I’m trying really hard to eat less dairy because it seems to upset Shane’s tummy, poor boy. He’s a spit-upper anyway just like his sister was, but anything I can do to make it better, I’ll try. So, you’ll notice on my menu that there is not much dairy involved in any of the recipes this week.

Teriyaki Burgers

{Ingredients}

  • 1 1/2 pounds ground meat (I use turkey)
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • cayenne pepper to taste
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

{Directions}

  • Mix all ingredients in medium bowl
  • Form into patties
  • If you’re using turkey, I recommend flash freezing on a cookie sheet or cutting board before cooking. Takes about 10 minutes to firm up the meat and it really helps them not to fall apart.
  • Bake, fry in a skillet, or grill as you see fit. I like them baked because they don’t take any attention.
  • Serve with a big salad or fresh hamburger buns, yum!

~S

Linking up at Beauty and Bedlam and It’s A Blog Party

No comments: