Thursday, February 12, 2009

Cookie Monster and God Sees

Kahlen has really had leaps of growth in her cognition recently. It's hard sometimes for me to see because I'm around her all the time, but Grandpa Larry commented on it this week, and he sees her every week! Her new thing is to tell me "I want..." like "I want M&Ms right now, mommy" or "I want to watch a DVD". But along with that, she's also becoming more observant of the world around her.

Yesterday we were on our way to discipleship team, and Tim and I were talking; Tim said something about God being happy with our actions, and Kahlen's sweet little voice pops up from the back seat, "Make God happy?" Then she wanted to know if God was at our house and if we could go home. We told her that God was at our house, but we couldn't see him. He could see us, however. She then wanted to know if God could see the stars and if God was in the sky seeing us. Overall, it was a very precious theological conversation to be having with my two-year-old. It's times like that when I appreciate God's special equipping of parents to be able to answer the questions when they come up. I don't think I would have known what to say if I had stopped to think about it, I just said whatever was on my heart.

On another, less serious, topic, she was eating cookies with frosting yesterday and then told me she had cookie monster hands. I told her to just lick it all off, teaching her to be just like her mom :) Here's some pictures of her doing just that, enjoy!

No comments: