Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Menu Plan Monday - January 18th


Monday came and Monday went. We had a long and strange weekend thanks to a dear friend needing to go to the ER for appendicitis. Very glad we were able to help but it threw things off a bit.

Last week I made all 5 meals on the menu, amazing!! Kahlen helped me with the Guiltless Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken instead of the Cheeseburger Pies that I thought she would want to help with, but I'm glad for that because it means she's learning new recipes. The Ranch Cheddar Burgers set off the smoke alarm. I think they do that every time, which would maybe suggest I should modify the recipe ;-)

So, here's what we'll be eating. I try to balance out types of food, but given our variable schedule, I no longer try to plan for a certain type of food on certain nights of the week.

Monday - Leftovers. We had pizza from Papa Murphys on Sunday, and still had other stuff in the fridge too.

Tuesday - Chicken Tacos. Just the basic meat, beans, cheese, sour cream in a tortilla kind. With Tabasco for hubby and the little one.

Wednesday - Polish Pierogies from the freezer for the kids. We're going on a date!

Thursday -  Basic Casserole (It's Kahlen's turn to cook again) 

Friday - Shepherd's Pie only without the sweet potatoes this time

Saturday - YOYO (You're On Your Own) By this time in the week, I'm all done cooking, not to mention the fridge is usually stuffed full of bits of leftovers :-)


I've been making about 4 out of the 6 meals I plan in a week, so we'll see which ones get ditched as the week goes. 

So, what are you making this week? Anything I should "steal" from you?? Go check out some more great ideas at I'm An Organizing Junkie!

~Sela

No comments: