Monday, January 4, 2016

Menu Plan Monday


Yay! Menu plan Monday! I've missed being able to tell someone what I'm making this week, whether you've missed me or not :-) 

Just as a recap, I'm cooking for 7 people including 4 adults (me, hubs, Nana, and Papa) and the three little people who eat like adults in quantity but not palate. 

Last week I had the opportunity to clean out my recipe binder, you know, the place where I store all those awesome print outs of recipes that I find (and the little scraps of paper that I write ideas down on too). It was a complete mess, not to mention the dozens of recipes that we no longer make. The benefit was that I found some recipes in there that I am really excited to make this week!

So, here's what we'll be eating. I try to balance out types of food, but given our variable schedule, I no longer try to plan for a certain type of food on certain nights of the week.

Monday - Loaded Potato Casserole and Baked Chicken

Tuesday - Ranch Cheddar Burgers with salad and potato chips

Wednesday - Polish Pierogies


Friday - Lasagna Muffins

Saturday - YOYO (You're On Your Own) By this time in the week, I'm all done cooking, not to mention the fridge is usually stuffed full of bits of leftovers :-)


I've been making about 4 out of the 6 meals I plan in a week, so we'll see which ones get ditched as the week goes. The pierogies are delicious but very time consuming. The lasagna muffins are one that I like but the rest of the fam not so much. 

So, what are you making this week? Anything I should "steal" from you?? Go check out some more great ideas at I'm An Organizing Junkie!

~Sela

No comments: