Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Mexican Lasagna

I decided to be other types of productive yesterday and not spend my entire day on my computer :) Made a huge amount of baby food for Nate to share with two other babies, finished three more pages in Kahlen's second year scrapbook (only three more to go!), and got ready for our kiddo Valentine's party which was today.
Anyway, here's a simple recipe that I always get rave reviews. Disclaimer: Not my fault if yours doesn't turn out like mine :) I really think I follow this recipe, but apparently I change it every time since I've tried to give this recipe to others in the past and they tell me mine always tastes better ;-)

{Ingredients}
*4-5 Flour tortillas
*1 pound chicken breasts, or about three breasts
*1 package fajita seasoning
*1 medium container sour cream
*1 jar salsa

*1 can pinto or black beans
*1 pound cheddar cheese

{Directions}
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
* Cook chicken in a skillet with a little water until fully cooked. Add fajita seasoning and water according to package.
* While the chicken is cooking, slice tortillas into 1 1/2" strips. Also, grate cheese.
* Combine sour cream, salsa, beans, and chicken in large bowl.
* Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray. Layer as follows: tortillas, chicken mix, cheese. Repeat.
* Bake for 30-45 minutes or until cheese is fully melted. (Or if you're my husband, cook until the tortillas that are sticking out around the edges are really crispy and the cheese is starting to brown)

This also freezes pretty well, so it makes a great make-ahead or give-to-a-friend meal :)

~S

No comments: